I HaveUpdated my Book
Analysis of the Current ADPs and Drafting Patterns in MFL10s and 25s Best Ball Leagues. Part 1
It is well known that to fight planning biases we must have a view of the expected averages of the drafting positions.
These are leagues going on now and have a 20 round draft and best ball format which leads to a different approaches to your usual draft plans.
Many articles are out there discussing the optimal roster construction.
I played in 2 MFL 10s last year and won both. I won because I drafted D. Baldwin from SEA late and grabbed D. Freeman Early. That’s it.
I had 3 TEs and 3 DEFs as well in the 20 spots.
Obvious Points _ Rounds 1 to 3
Obvious Points _ Rounds 4 to 6
Obvious Points _ Rounds 7 to 9
1) All 4th round WRs gone by 9th rounds.
(Deeper WR Rookies and Gambles picking have begun )
2) All 3rd Level RBs gone. Still 4th levels RBs available. (Handcuff and Gambles Begin)
3) Still only 8 QBs off the board. You still can wait into next few rounds to finish off with a top 12 QB.
4) 1st level TEs pickings are slim. Top 9 TEs gone.
Later level 1 TEs hanging on the drafting tree. Again your QBs and TEs need a plan before your draft.
Not knowing how later you can still get a 1st Level QB or TEs can cause premature drafting!
Fear of an unbalance team whispers to you
in these rounds.
5) No Defense taken yet. Wait Wait!
Obvious Points _ Rounds 10 to 12